Concrete paving blocks have long been in use throughout the world as alternatives to other types of road and driveway surfaces. The concrete blocks are well-suited for areas where vehicles do not travel at high speeds. In addition, the pavers are often installed in corporate parks for their neat appearance and because the materials are more environmentally friendly than, for instance, tar roads.
Interlocking concrete blocks are installed to create durable walkways, parking lots, driveways in estates, and communal drive areas in corporate parks. Such paving is now also installed in many warehouse yards while the non-slip character of the materials even makes them suitable for usage around swimming pools.
The many sizes and shapes available add to the versatility of the concrete blocks. We mass manufacture concrete blocks according to strict manufacturing and quality standards. As such, you can expect consistency in the characteristics of the paving you install. The paving products have superior performance qualities, making them according to their grade suitable for light to heavy-duty areas, as the materials can carry significant weight and have excellent resistance to breakage.
With a range of colours and sizes to choose from, you can create the layout of choice. Because you can buy the blocks in batches, it is easy to add onto an existing paved area. The modular character of the material also makes it possible to replace worn or damaged sections quickly without incurring hefty costs.
Some prominent benefits of using concrete blocks include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional durability and cost-effectiveness over the long term
- Low cost of ownership as little to no maintenance is required
- Fast installation that requires less preparation of the sub-surface than most other types of road or walk surfaces
- Immediate use of the area without having to wait several days for surface drying
- Aesthetic appeal that lasts
- Mass produced, which implies availability and consistency in material strength, appearance, and size
- Thermal contraction and expansion do not affect the integrity of the paved area
- No need to cure the surface area after installation
- Require less labour for installation
- No need for using sophisticated machinery to lay the surface area
- Show excellent resistance to horizontal movement forces because of the interlocking characteristic
- Can use different colours to create specific road marks
- Easier access to the surface beneath for repairing utility lines
- Environmentally sustainable as the concrete blocks can be recycled
Areas of Use
Non-traffic applications include areas around swimming pools, walkways, landscaped sections, and shopping malls. Light traffic applications range from residential driveways to corporate park drive areas, parking lots, and communal entertainment areas. Medium traffic applications include low-volume residential and urban roads. Heavy traffic use ranges from bus terminals to warehouse yards.
Why Buy from a Trusted Supplier?
It is essential to purchase concrete blocks from a reputable manufacturer that adheres to strict quality standards. You must be able to rely on the specifications given by the supplier, as the blocks are manufactured to carry specific loads. The quality depends on factors, such as:
- Production method
- Compaction capacity
- Water content and the ratio of water to cement in the mix
- Cement grade
- Usage of additives
- Curing process followed
- Quality control measures
- Aggregates used
- Equipment used
Concrete paving blocks boast many qualities that make them suitable for a wide range of applications. Buying from a trusted supplier is essential to ensure you can trust the consistency and integrity of the materials. It is imperative to purchase the appropriate grade and size for your project. To this end, you benefit from our product expertise and comprehensive specifications available to help you make an informed buying decision.